CALL FOR PAPERS
25th ASIAN-PACIFIC CONFERENCE ON INTERNATIONAL ACCOUNTING ISSUES,November 10-13, 2013
GRAND HYATT, NUSA DUA – BALI, INDONESIA
CRAIG SCHOOL OF BUSINESS
CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY, FRESNO
The Twenty-Fifth Asian-Pacific Conference on International Accounting Issues will be held on November 10-13, 2013 in Bali, Indonesia. The Conference will provide an important forum for the interaction of different ideas and information between academicians and practitioners, in order to enhance the understanding of international accounting issues in various countries.
Research paper presentations and special workshops will be held by well-known international accounting scholars and practitioners to discuss issues on international accounting research, education, and practice, impact of advanced technology in international accounting, comparative ethics in international auditing and business, and related international business topics.
Prominent scholars and practitioners from the United States, Canada, Europe, China, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Philippines, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Taiwan, Indonesia, India, Australia, New Zealand, Mexico, South America, Middle East, and other countries are expected to attend the conference.
CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION CREDITS
Participants in our past conferences have earned up to 16 CPE credits.
Paper presentations and panel discussions on international accounting and other related international business topics are invited. Major topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
• Global Accounting and the Challenges of IFRS
• Global Currency Issues
• Accounting’s Role in International Capital Markets
• Regulation of National and International Banking
• Implementation and Value Relevance of IFRS
• The Accountability of Government Functions
• Changing Paradigm in Accounting, Finance, and Management
• Extensible Business Reporting Language (XBRL)
• Accounting for Carbon Credit
• Sustainable Reporting
• Forensic Accounting
• International Accounting Research, Education, and Practice
• International Financial Issues
• Corporate Governance and Accountability
• Earnings Management
• Revenue Recognition and Quality of Earnings
• Adaptability of International Accounting Standards
• Capital Markets
• Behavioral Issues in Accounting
• Social and Environmental Issues – Corporate Social Responsibility, Sustainable Development: Performance Measures and Indicators
• Impact of International Free Trade and Investment on Accounting Education and the Profession
• Comparative Analysis of Financial Accounting, Managerial Accounting, Auditing, Taxation and Finance, in an International Arena
• Contemporary Issues of Advanced Technology in International Accounting (such as Impact of Enterprise Resource Planning and E-commerce on Accounting Systems)
• Information and Control Systems for Multinational Corporations
• Interrelationship between Accounting and Other Disciplines (such as Management, Marketing, Finance, Economics, Human Resource Management and Information Management)
• Entrepreneurship and New Ventures
• Comparative Ethics in International Auditing and Business
• Cross Cultural Studies in International Accounting
• Impact of Currency Fluctuations on Financial Reporting and Control
• Impact of International Mergers and Acquisitions on Accounting Practice
• Privatization of Governmental Functions and Government Enterprises and their Impact on Accounting
• Accounting-Marketing Issues
• Accounting-Finance Issues
• Accounting-Human Resource Management Issues
• Accounting-Entrepreneurship Issues
• Accounting-Management Issues
• Accounting Programs and Leadership
• Government and Nonprofit Accounting
• History and Integrative Teaching and Curriculum
• Islamic Accounting: Challenges and Opportunities
• Issues in Public Sector
• Other related international business topics
INTERNATIONAL DOCTORAL COLLOQUIUM
This doctoral colloquium is created to offer participants an opportunity to share their research and provide networking opportunities between senior research faculty and doctoral students. This interactive setting will provide mentoring in the fields and methodologies relevant to accounting and finance and give doctoral students a chance to present their research for discussion in small group situations.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR CONTRIBUTORS
Each contributor is required to submit ONLINE a double-spaced copy of the full paper in Microsoft Word for Windows format (Microsoft Word is the preferred format). For consistency, use a 12-point type font and 1” margins all around. The paper should not exceed 35 pages. Please include a cover page indicating the name, title, affiliation, complete postal address, e-mail address, telephone number and fax number of each author. On the cover page, please also indicate the general topic of your paper (e.g. Financial Accounting, Corporate governance, etc.). Abstracts without full papers will not be considered. For submission of your paper, please go to conference web site www.apconference.org and submit your paper as an attached file. All papers will be subject to a blind review process. The submission of a paper for review means the author certifies that the manuscript is not copyrighted, and has not been published elsewhere. Please keep in mind that if you are the co-author of more than 1 paper accepted to the conference, at least 1 of your co-authors of the other papers must register in order to present more than 1 paper at the conference.
All submissions must be received by May 14, 2013. Notification about the decision will be made by July 1, 2013.
CONFERENCE REGISTRATION FEE
$350 (US dollar)
A special registration fee of $250 is available to full-time graduate students.
Registration fee includes:
Welcome Reception, Luncheons, Coffee Breaks, Gala Dinner (Banquet and Entertainment), Copy of Conference Program and Proceedings, Admission to all Conference Sessions
To register for the conference, please visit our website at www.apconference.org.
The Conference will be held at the Grand Hyatt, Nusa Dua-Bali, Indonesia.
Room rate will be $235 US dollar net, including breakfast.
THE VERNON ZIMMERMAN BEST PAPER AWARDS
The best three papers will each be awarded $500 US dollar, to be selected by a panel of distinguished reviewers. In addition, the best doctoral student paper will also be awarded $500 US dollar.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT:
Asian-Pacific Conference on
International Accounting Issues
Craig School of Business
5245 North Backer Avenue M/S PB7
Fresno, California 93740
Tel: 559 278 4723 or 559 278 2602
Fax: 559 2787336
Siti Nurwahyu Harahap
Faculty of Business and Economics
Kampus Baru UI Depok Indonesia 16424
Phone: +62 21 7272425 or +62 21 7272646
Fax: +62 21 7863558